- Open the D-Seal™ pouch.
- Cover puncture sites with D-Seal™ pads, colored side up, and apply firm pressure.
- Pads may be placed over the catheter prior to their removal or placed directly over puncture sites after the catheters are removed.
- After catheters are removed, maintain firm pressure.
- Continue to apply pressure over puncture sites until hemostasis is achieved, then slowly release, leaving the D-Seal™ pads in place.
- Place dry gauze over D-Seal™ pads and cover with appropriate dressings.
- Within 24 hours, the D-Seal™ pads can be soaked with water and gently removed.
RX only. For sale by or on the order of a physician only. For indications, precautions and complications, see IFU download (right).