- Open the SoftSeal®-STF pouch into a sterile field.
- Cover puncture site with a SoftSeal®-STF pad, blue side up, and apply firm pressure.
- Pad may be placed over sheath hub prior to removal or placed directly over puncture site after sheath is removed.
- Remove sheath following hospital protocol. After sheath removal, maintain firm pressure.
- Continue to apply pressure over puncture site until hemostasis is achieved, then slowly release, leaving the SoftSeal®-STF pad in place.
- Place dry gauze over SoftSeal®-STF pad and cover with an appropriate dressing.
- Within 24 hours, soak SoftSeal®-STF pad with water and gently remove.
RX only. For sale by or on the order of a physician only. For indications, precautions and complications, see IFU download (right).